- 30DLP-001_30drop_A1_Our-Understanding 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_A2_NGC1277 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_A3_Captured Rotation 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_B1_Approaching-Lights 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_B2_Gravity-Zone 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_B3_Goldene-Spirale 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_C1_Beyond-Language 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_C2_Standard-Model 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_C3_Future-Teller 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_D1_Superstring-Theory 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_D2_Stadt-Des-Orion 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_D3_The-Mirror 30drop 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_E1_Goldene-Spirale_Substance_Remix Substance 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_E2_NGC1277_Architectural-Remix Architectural 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_F1_Stadt-Des-Orion_Rivet_Remix Rivet 1:30
- 30DLP-001_30drop_F2_Superstring-Theory_Zero-Mass_Remix Zero Mass 1:30
“I did not know what achievements, what mockery, even what tortures awaited me. I knew nothing, and I persisted in the faith that the time of cruel miracles was not past”.
– Stanislaw Lem (Solaris, 1961).
This paragraph from Solaris, the novel written in 1961 by Stanislav Lem, is the starting point for the concept this 30drop album has been built upon. Science fiction masters like Lem are one of the greatest influences for the artist, who devised this album after the mental challenges that humans should overcome in a future: encounter with beings from other civilizations: capable of interacting with us in a totally unthinkable way so far.
Away from what many a sci-fi blockbuster depicts, this work revolves around the idea that such meeting with alien species will be eminently a mental experience that will shock not only our cultural values but also our very own perceptions about what space/time/reality is – a mindbending experience where everything we knew before dissolves around us and propels us to uncharted grounds. Terra incognita so far.
Bypassing the “random track collection” syndrome that plagues many of today’s so-called techno albums – this LP was conceived and devised from it’s very beginning as a full, complete work in itself, best enjoyed in it’s totality. A story-telling journey (very much in the tradition of seminal / genre-defining albums as UR’s X-102) were tracks lead you to one another. Tracks can be enjoyed on their own, being all suited for dancefloor and dj-sets alike, but take a complete different meaning when put in the right context within the album.
Musically this long-player combines stripped-down rhythms, sweeping pads and hypnotical bleeping sequences woven together in an intrincate but subtle way, a fashion that harks back to the classic minimalist yet complex mid-90’s sound of Hood, Mills and T.Dixon – sounds appealing both the mind and the feet.
Classic and futuristic at the same time, this is a compelling journey that opens with the eerie atmospheres of Our Understanding before really taking off with the cadential NGC1277. The hypnotic Captured Rotation sets the pace for the rest of album which oscillates between the exhilarating cosmic groove of Beyond Language and the contemplative stasis of The Mirror. Other highlights include the entrancing Goldene Spirale or the furiously busy Approaching Light.
The whole package is further rounded up by a set of remixes which showcase the different directions taken by techno producers this days: from Substance’s solid Berlin-style to Architectural’s spaced-out visions via Rivet’s hard-hitting club bangers and Zero Mass abrassive experiments.
Text by: DJ Zero.
30drop reflects what we have learned experimenting about the theory of multiverses and the geometrical replication of our universe resulting in many others that work in a parallel fashion across several dimensions.
The project tries to channel all that by repeating sounds and textures of Techno music demonstrating once again that geometry is part of everything we do.
All this brings a different conclusion about ideas, theories and concepts surrounding the existence of life, parallel universes and the cosmic interconnection.
30drop is a project that claimed the concept of underground Techno leaving any intention of recognition and exaltation of the artist aside to give centricity to the music and the message that is intended to convey.